Seasonal Farm Employee – Full and Part-time positions available
Thank you for being interested in joining our team at Wicked Good Produce. We are a diversified vegetable farm located in Whitefish, Montana that practices intensive, reduced tillage and organic techniques on approximately one and a half acres. Our farm supplies vegetables to our Veggie Club (CSA) members as well as to local restaurants and stores.
Who should apply:
Applicants should be interested in learning about intensive vegetable production and building local food systems. Farming is humbling and rewarding as it requires long days in all types of weather (snow, rain, extreme heat) and it is physically and mentally demanding. We are looking for individuals who are hardworking, dependable, observant, self-motivated, and willing to challenge themselves to improve their technique and efficiencies.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements and Abilities:
- Demonstrate an interest in small-scale intensive diversity crop production and local food systems.
- Maintain enthusiasm, good attitude, honesty, and a willingness to treat all co-workers with respect, despite challenging work conditions.
- Ability to work efficiently at a fast pass with daily deadlines, both independently and as a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and retain training information.
- Tolerate variable weather conditions (rain, snow, heat) for extended periods of time.
- Repetitively lift and carries items up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, sit, bend, kneel, stretch, and squat for long periods of time while using best practices to maintain strong long-term personal health
- Arrive at work “dressed for success “– proper attire, boots, sun protection, rain gear, etc.
- Be willing to be task oriented.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Part and Full-Time positions are available.
Our Season runs from April – October
Please submit the following items: a cover letter addressing the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as the questions below, and a current resume.
- There are several diversified vegetable farms in the Flathead Valley, why are you applying to Wicked Good Produce?
- What skills, knowledge, and or concepts do you want to gain from joining our team?
- If you were a vegetable, what would it be and why?